Fresh morel mushrooms browned in butter and served with eggs for breakfast
Scrambled eggs that have absorbed the juices of sautéed morel mushrooms are a real treat. If you don’t have your own laying hens, track down fresh local eggs. Their deep color and flavor do the mushrooms justice.
Morel Mushroom ScrambleJohn Motoviloff
Scrambled eggs with delicious butter-browned morel mushrooms.
No ratings yet
- Frying pan
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb morel mushrooms cut in half lengthwise (you can substitute oyster or sulfur shelf)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 eggs well beaten with a dollop of cream or whole milk added
- Soak morels in cold salt water and then drain well.
- Melt butter in large skillet and sauté mushrooms for five minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add eggs and cook lightly, turning often, until set but still soft.
- Serve with fresh fruit and toast for a hearty breakfast or light dinner.
Tried this recipe?Mention @hunttoeat on Instagram in your photos!