Instant Pot Wild Hog Carnitas
5 from 1 vote
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Wild hog roast
- Toppings of your choice
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper cracked
- Make the Mojo Sauce by combining all ingredients and set aside
- Cut the hog roast into two-inch cubes, then rub in salt and pepper. Saute all sides in olive oil.
- After searing the meat either in the Instant Pot or in frying pan, add the Mojo Sauce and browned meat to the Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Add an extra 1/4 of cup of olive oil or other kind of fat because wild hog is so lean.
- Cook on high pressure in the Instant pot for 30 minutes followed by natural release for 15 minutes. Follow the pressure cooker's guide for cooking pork roast. You want to be able to shred the meat with a fork.
- When it's done, shred the meat. Saute it again in frying pan with olive oil with extra Mojo Sauce. Fry until it's crispy, adding oil as needed.
- Serve with flour or corn tortillas with the toppings of your choice and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Mention @hunttoeat on Instagram in your photos!