Spicy VenisonColt Tupen
This venison stir-fry is inspired by Asian flavors and serves well atop rice or salad greens
No ratings yet
- 1½ lb venison backstrap diced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1½ tsp sugar
- Black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion
- 1 jalapeño
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salad greens
- Marinate venison for at least 2 hours in soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, and garlic.
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium-high heat and add a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Slice a red onion thin and add to the pan.
- Slice jalapeño (with seeds) into rounds and add to pan once onions have started to brown. Cook for about a minute and remove from pan.
- Add olive oil again to pan and add meat. Cook for a few minutes, getting a solid sear on all sides and remove.
- Serve over a bed of spring greens tossed in cider vinegar and salt and pepper.
Calories: 438kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 80gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 1167mgPotassium: 1176mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 39IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 12mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @hunttoeat on Instagram in your photos!