When I started butchering my own deer, I didn’t own a meat grinder. I had to get creative with all my scrap pieces of meat. I came up with this recipe around three years ago because it allowed me to use my packages of “grind” without actually needing a grinder. The unground meat works great for stews and anything in a crock pot, but this recipe is by far my favorite. It tastes great and it’s very simple for anyone to do.
Quick and Easy Venison with Gravy
- 2 lbs venison
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- ¼ tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Cut the the meat into small pieces and dust with salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium high heat and add the meat, browning the meat all around for about 3 minutes.
- Now add in the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, onion flakes, onion salt, parsley, mushrooms and let it simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1¼ cup of water and the contents of the brown gravy packet (disregard the instructions on the back of the gravy packet) and let that simmer for at least 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Stir in the sour cream and simmer for about 1-2 minutes. Serve over a bed of egg noodles. Enjoy!