This stew recipe is adapted from Taste of Home and shared with us by @ericakyost, who added the pheasant.
Pheasant legs cooked slowly yield tender bites in this stew recipe
No ratings yet
- 6 pheasant legs
- Chicken stock
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cans great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans chopped green chiles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Tortilla chips optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Sliced and seeded jalapeño pepper optional
- Cook the pheasant legs down in chicken stock in a crockpot set on high for 4 hours
- In a large saucepan, saute the shredded pheasant meat, onion and garlic powder in oil. Add the beans, broth, chiles, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until liquid is almost gone.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. If desired, top with tortilla chips, cheese, and jalapenos. Enjoy!
Calories: 696kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 35gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 22gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 250mgSodium: 1304mgPotassium: 709mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1124IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @hunttoeat on Instagram in your photos!