Mallard Duck Egg RollsJohn Sunkler
No ratings yet
- 1 duck breast
- 1 pkg egg roll wrappers
- 5-spice powder
- Hoisin sauce
- Sesame oil
- Ginger minced
- Soy sauce
- Vegetable oil or canola oil
For the sauce
- Minced red chile
- Ranch dressing
- Do ahead: Slice the duck breast in small strips and marinate in hoisin sauce over night.
- Cook the duck in a pan with sesame seed oil until about 2/3 done. Remove from heat and drain excess sauce. Let cool.
- In the same pan: Add white cabbage, carrots and minced ginger. After a few minutes add any other vegetables you prefer. Add 5-spice powder. Add a few dashes of soy sauce and hoisin and let everything blend together, until the cabbage is getting soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
- At that point if you’re using the same pan, clean out with a paper towel and add vegetable or canola oil and heat up to prep for frying. Once the duck and vegetables are cool enough to work with, pull out the egg roll wrappers and add 1 spoonful of duck and 2 of veggies.
- Then wrap like a burrito. Hint: Before completely rolling, brush some water on the final corner so when you rolled, it completely holds together. Once you have 4-5 rolled and the oil is ready, place in the pan and fry 2-3 minutes, flipping until all sides are brown. Let cool on a plate with a paper towel.
For the sauce
- Mix together some minced red chile, wasabi and Ranch dressing until you reach your desired blend of spicy.
Tried this recipe?Mention @hunttoeat on Instagram in your photos!