Elk stuffed portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, spinach, and basil.
Elk Stuffed Portobello MushroomsKatie DeLorenzo
Goat cheese and ground elk meat make the perfect filling for meaty portobello mushrooms
No ratings yet
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- Red wine vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lb ground elk
- Garlic salt
- 2 tbsp onion
- ¼ bell pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp basil
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- Smoked paprika
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse mushrooms and pat dry. Marinate mushrooms for 15 minutes in equal parts red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Brown ½ pound of ground meat, adding a dash of garlic salt. Place browned meat in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, garlic, spinach, basil. After sautéing, mix with the meat. Add goat cheese and a pinch of cayenne, smoked paprika, and fresh ground pepper.
- Place meat mixture in mushrooms and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Calories: 350kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 36gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 257mgPotassium: 1135mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 2316IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 99mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @hunttoeat on Instagram in your photos!