These homemade corn tortillas make for the best soft shell taco recipe.
Use these tortillas for wild game tacos or fajitas
No ratings yet
- 2 cups fine ground masa
- 1½ cups cold water
- pinch salt
- Canola oil or olive oil
- Mix together the ingredients and knead lightly.
- Separate into dough balls, slightly larger than golf balls.
- Place between two sheets of wax paper and press. If you don’t have a tortilla press, you can use your hands to flatten the dough balls.
- Using a cast iron skillet and a very lightly oiled pan, fry until each side has golden brown spots, about 1 minute each side.
- Serve with wild game taco meat and scratch made pico de gallo.
Calories: 208kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 5gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3mgPotassium: 150mgFiber: 4gVitamin A: 122IUCalcium: 78mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @hunttoeat on Instagram in your photos!