The 2018 Recipe contest is no longer taking new entries. We will be announcing the winner during the Summer Outdoor Retailer show!
If there's one thing we know the #HuntToEat community has mastered, it's how to cook the wild game, fish, and foraged food acquired in every season of the year. We're excited to celebrate your take on how best to Hunt to Eat with our First Annual Recipe Contest. We're open for entries from today until Sunday, July 14th at midnight.
We've got amazing prize packages thanks to our friends at Benchmade, FHF Gear, Patagonia, Stone Glacier, Vortex, and Yeti. There will be three Grand prize packages, with seven runner-up prize packages.
We're judging the top three recipes at this year's Summer Outdoor Retailer. The recipes that made the cut will be prepared by Field To Table Outdoors Chef Spencer Milne. Our celebrity judges will be announced later this month.
What we're looking for:
- Your story - give us an introduction to how you developed your recipe, a special memory of cooking your wild-catch or sharing this meal with the important people in your life. Let us know how this recipe is part of your Hunt to Eat lifestyle in 300 words or less.
- A recipe, of course! Please be detailed in regard to amounts and technique. Your recipe will be prepared and taste tested AS WRITTEN.
- Three photographs that illustrate the process of building your recipe. One of the three must be a photo of your finished product and this final photo must be in horizontal format.
Fire up your grills and creativity! Your entry will be judged on the components above.
Please submit the above items, including your full name, phone number, and Instagram handle (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And to dot your i’s and cross your t’s, please complete this recipe by reading the official rules below:
- By entering, Entrant represents that he or she owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in photo(s) submitted as part of the contest entry. By entering, Entrant grants to Hunt To Eat a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant's submitted photo(s) and content, along with Entrant's name and likeness, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to release Hunt to Eat and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and employees from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize.
- Original photos and recipes only. If the recipe is plagiarized, it will be disqualified from the competition.
- Watermarked photos will not be accepted.
- Images must be received by Sunday, July 14th at midnight MST.